The Emergence of a Promising Future for Our Community and Our Professionals in French Ontario in the Specialized Services Sector
The mandate of the French Language Specialized Services Resource(the Resource)/Ressource de services spécialisés en langue française(La Resource) is to improve access to specialized clinical services in French province-wide, thus improving local service delivery in collaboration with Ontario agencies serving Francophone adults with developmental disabilities and mental health needs and/or challenging behaviours and complex needs.
Acting as a pivot point for the Francophone specialized services sector, we fulfill the following functions and strategic goals:
Function 1 – Improve Access to Services in French
- Promote networking between professionals and existing Francophone structures;
- Develop inter-regional access procedures and specialized services knowledge sharing methods
Function 2 – Improve the Delivery of Services in French
- Encourage the professional development of Community Network of Specialized Care (CNSC) members and professional organizations in order to provide more services to Francophones.
Function 3 – Strengthen the Francophone Capacity of All Community Networks of Specialized Care (CNSC)
- Establish links among Francophone academic and research communities;
- Improve access to research and best practices;
- Support the development of enhanced knowledge on specialized services in French through professional development and possible internships;
- Support training for general health and social service providers to develop capacity to provide services in French.