- Report of the Developmental Services Sector Best HR Practices Committee supports learning that makes best use of limited funds by focusing on organizational priorities, critical workforce segments and on-the-job learning. http://www.ontariodevelopmentalservices.ca/sites/default/files/final_best_hr_practices_compilation_0.pdf. Last accessed 30 October 2017.
- Steihl, R. & Lewchuk, L. (2008). The Outcomes Primer. Corvallis, Oregon: The Learning Organization.
- Means, Barbara et. al. (2010) Evaluation of Evidence-Based Practices in Online Learning: A Meta-Analysis and Review of Online Learning Studies. U.S. Department of Education, Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Policy Development. Washington, D.C., 2010. http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/eval/tech/evidence-based-practices/finalreport.pdf. Last accessed 30 October 2017.
- Chislett, V. & Chapman, A. (2005-2009). © VAK learning styles self-test. Victoria Chislett MSc and Alan Chapman (2005-2009); contextual material Alan Chapman (2005-2009). Available at: https://www.businessballs.com/freepdfmaterials/vak_learning_styles_questionnaire.pdf. Last accessed 30 October 2017.
- Kolb, D.A. (1984). Experiential learning: Experience as the source of learning and development. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall. For examples of specific online activities, see: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1492389. Last accessed 30 October 2017.
- Strachan, D. & Pitters, M. (2009). Managing Facilitated Processes. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass/Wiley.
- Strachan, D. & Tomlinson, P. (2008). Process Design. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
The following resources were also consulted in the creation of this toolkit:
- Biech, E. (Ed.) (2008). American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) handbook for workplace learning professionals. User-friendly guide that breaks down every aspect of training.
- Canadian Society for Training and Development (CSTD) Competencies for Learning Professionals. Quick Reference. 2013. http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.cstd.ca/resource/resmgr/certification/quick_reference_the_essentia.pdf. Last accessed 30 October 2017.
- Centre for Teaching and Learning (n.d.). Writing Learning Outcomes. Florida: Florida State University. Available at: https://distance.fsu.edu/docs/instructors/LearningOutcomes.pdf. Last accessed 30 October 2017.
- Effective Training From Start to Finish. Sustainable Management Development Program. Division of Global Public Health Capacity Development, Center for Global Health. U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, p. 43. www.cdc.gov/globalhealth/SMDP. Last accessed 30 October 2017.
- Evaluation Toolkit (2012). Northwest Center for Public Health Practice, School of Public Health, University of Washington. Practical tool to help in effectively evaluating your trainings.
- Presentation Toolkit (2012). Northwest Center for Public Health Practice, School of Public Health, University of Washington.
- Schank, R. (2005). Lessons in Learning, e-Learning, and Training: Perspectives and Guidance for the Enlightened Trainer. Practical tips on delivering your training effectively.
- Steinert, Y. & Ouellet, M-N (2008). A Workbook on Designing Successful Workshops. Faculty Development Office, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University.
- Stiehl, R. with Lewchuk, L. (2002). The Outcomes Primer: Reconstructing the College Curriculum. Corvallis, Oregon: The Learning Organization.
- Strachan, D. (2007). Making Questions Work. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- WikiEducator is an evolving community focused on free content for e-learning. http://wikieducator.org/. Last accessed 30 October 2017.
- Wisconsin Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Association (WSHA) (n.d.). Writing Measurable and Observable Learner Outcomes. Available at: http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.wisha.org/resource/resmgr/continuing_education/writingmeasurableandobservab.pdf?hhSearchTerms=%22Writing+Measurable+and+Observable+Learner+Outcomes%22. Last accessed 30 October 2017.