Evaluation of workplace training and education can require a little or a lot of resources, depending on the interests of different stakeholders. Think about what funds, human resources (whether internal or external), technical resources and time you have at your disposal in order to complete the following tasks related to the session evaluation:
- Design the draft evaluation tool and methods; for example, questions for the survey, interviews, focus groups, etc.
- Review with any interested stakeholders
- Produce in paper and/or electronic format
- Distribute to session participants or convene session participants
- Conduct any individual or group consultations
- Input, collate and analyze results
- Draft a report, finalize
- Present to interested stakeholders
Use the table “Evaluation Resources Budget” (see Template: Evaluation Resources Budget) to anticipate and budget for your requirements and constraints. You wouldn’t be the first person to become creative when costing out a frugal but credible evaluation process!